Travel Content Editor and Writer: Staff Position
The Content Editor manages the content department at BootsnAll, and is responsible for all content produced and maintained. This person will also be one of the staff writers, taking on specific content projects in addition to overseeing the department.
- Managing staff writers & outside writers
- Setting priority lists for staff writers
- Editing & scheduling paid & traveler articles on BootsnAll
- Tracking paid articles & gathering writer invoices
- Some marketing of paid articles
- Recruiting new outside writers as necessary
- Setting departmental goals & working with content team to meet those goals
- Making sure all content produced is high quality & has a purpose
- Building systems to make sure content goals are met without relying on other departments
- Developing & maintaining systems & strategies to increase efficiency & results
- Serving as a liaison between writers & the BootsnAll bug reporting system
- Working with marketing department as necessary to make sure content is produced according to the marketing calendar
- 2+ years of experience doing content management/editing and writing
- Experience managing other writers
- Experience marketing content, including using social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Works well with others
- Existing social media profiles and knowledge of how to leverage those profiles
- This is a full-time staff position.
- We would prefer that this person was in Portland, OR, but are open to discussing making this a virtual position.
- Submit your resume (or a link to your resume) to jobs AT bootsnall DOT com with a subject line of “BTN Content Editor”
• Go to Homepage
• Next Article: Holiday Travel Tips from BootsnAll
you left out the most important parts… pay? bennies? retirement? travel budget?
Pay: Yes, based on experience.
Bennies: Profit Sharing, Health Plan, Travel
Retirement: Yes, you can retire when you want. Our Profit sharing plan is the preferred method vs. other retirement plans. (via colleague surveys)
Travel Budget: There is a travel budget at BTN, yes. The job does not require travel though. The person who fills this position may be required to travel at times.
Hope that helps cont ed. I’d say – Apply if you dig it!
Is this position still available?
It is. We’ll be accepting applications for at least the next week.
Sounds like an irresistible opportunity for an ambitious someone who loves and lives to write and travel.
As a former editor of a European travel mag, my application would be there in a heartbeat. I suspect regionality may play my doom card here, however!
Best of luck to the right writer, and keep up the incredible work.
FYI – You do not have to live in the USA or in Portland to apply/get this job.
Just checkin’ to see if you received my email yesterday from Baja.
Limping along on a dial-up in the backcountry (not a bad thing, mind you) but since the connection is a bit dodgy, thought I’d better follow up.
Looking forward to learning more,
Got it Ellen! Thx. Be in touch soon!
Ask me how tempted I am to make up a bunch of stuff for my resume and apply. Go ahead! Ask me!
are you still taking applications? just saw the notice. thanks–
We are. Go for it.
thanks for taking the extra step to find me and answer this through my blog. happy new year!
What is BootBlog?BootBlog is the company blog of the BootsnAll Travel Network, a company that has been connecting travellers since 1998. Our goal is to inspire, educate and cultivate an organic community of independent travellers. But what does that mean? Well, we love to travel and we love to connect other travellers who have the desire to get out and see this great world of ours. BootBlog will showcase what is going on around the office, around the company and within our community of travellers.
BootsnAll Travel Network is launching a Facebook application to connect travelers. Portland, Oregon June 21, 2010 -- BootsnAll Travel Network has created a Facebook application -- BootsnAll Traveler Connect -- that helps connect travelers. The app lets you find other travelers going to the same place you are, or connect with locals living there. Users can ask travel questions, arrange … [Read more]
It's been awhile since we had a BootsnAll member stop by the office. However, thank to a recent post on the message boards wondering where the Boots Crew were these days, we managed to arrange lunch with Bideshi, aka Mike (blue shirt below). With a couple of stints working in South … [Read more]
Awhile back I posted here about getting into the Boston Globe Travel Show for free. Turns out that was for the trade conference during the day on Friday Feb 19th, not the travel show for regular consumers like you and me that runs from the evening of Friday, February 19 to … [Read more]