Best of the Boards for the week of December 11, 2006
Check out these topics currently being discussed on the BootsnAll Travel Forums:
- Joey might think he’s being cheesy, but I think his “thank you” message on the eve of his RTW trip is really, really cool. I can’t wait to check in on his trip as he makes his way through Africa & Asia. Bon voyage, Joey!!
- So, what are your packing habits? Are you a hyper-planner, getting stuff in the bag months before you leave? Or do you randomly grab a few items as you rush out the door? Landire’s put up a poll, let’s see where you fit in.
- In the US we’ve gotten used to being able to find vegetarian options at most restaurants these days. But we know that’s not true the world over. Will xxhughesxx have trouble avoiding meat in Europe (Western & Eastern)?
- Though watching television might not be at the top of many to-do lists when traveling, there are inevitably times we’re drawn in by something on the boob tube, only to find out it can be a real cultural experience! KateL57 asks, “What are your favorite ads from abroad and at home?” She’s shared a few of hers, and others have joined in. What are your favorite commercials? And can you find links to them so we can all have a giggle?
- I read an article talking about how an unexpected one-night “stopover” in Bulgaria turned into a three-day “stop” because the town turned out to be so charming. So, have you had any experiences where a place you thought you’d just be passing through was so wonderful as to make you change your plans and stay awhile?
Please contribute your thoughts and comments to these threads! And if you’re not already a member, sign-up here – it’s free!