Best of the Boards for the week of January 22, 2007
Check out the topics currently being discussed on the BootsnAll Travel Forums:
- We’d all like to find the perfect job that earns us money while allowing us to be permanent vagabonds, if we so choose. KPG thinks she may have found it – hairdresser. What do you think? Could it work?
- Some might say traveling is a gamble. So why not try your hand at the local games while you’re out and about? Willis wants to know what foreign casino experience you’ve got. He’s interested in checking out casinos in Central and Eastern Europe.
- It’s time to help settle a domestic dispute… Katerina Urda and her boyfriend can’t agree on how much they’ll need to save for their year-long trip. He thinks she’s overestimating with her $20,000 number. What do you think?
- Smells can evoke powerful memories – and not always good ones. Quimby wants to know – what’s the stinkiest place you’ve been? She’s voting for the open sewer in Sukhumvit (Bangkok). What about you?
- Jaydeschizo is trying to decide – now that he’s nearing the end of his undergraduate career, should he get straight to work to collect some “travel money,” or go to grad school (which he’d like to do eventually anyway) in order to be better qualified to make more money down the road?
- Would you rather save for retirement so you can play when you’re done with work, or work until you’re unable to do it anymore, playing all along the way? Or is there another option?
- Does your pantry look like a travel guide? Can you whip up foreign dishes with the right spices at a moment’s notice? Do you bring home food-related souvenirs when you travel?
Please contribute your thoughts and comments to these threads! And if you’re not already a member, sign-up here – it’s free!