Best of the Boards for the week of January 8, 2007
Check out these topics currently being discussed on the BootsnAll Travel Forums:
- There are a few things that everyone has to deal with the world over, regardless of nationality, income, race, education… And one of them is using the toilet. Poochythedog has had some trouble with squat toilets in the past, and is looking for pointers. (Warning: Don’t read this thread if you’ve got a weak stomach.)
- It’s that time of year again… When people are planning their summer European backpacking adventures! Get educated on your Eurail options, and read one person’s Eurail tips. You could save yourself money and headaches if you’re well-informed!
- What is your travel personality? Find out and post the results!
- Bigmaude wants to take her three teenagers backpacking through Europe this summer and wants to know if she’s nuts to even try it! She thinks she’s going to have to drag them kicking and screaming because they want to go to Disneyland instead… There are already plenty of volunteers ready to stand in for her kids if they don’t want to go! Can you offer any advice for her to get her kids interested in the trip?
- Time to reminisce – what was the first stamp in your passport?
- Madhu met a young American filmmaker while traveling who’s making a film about aid, volunteerism and the passion that makes NGOs work – and also fail. This gal thinks that “2 week volunteer programs where you pay to go teach, or similar ones where you volunteer for a very short period fail…they harm more than they do good.” What do you think?
- An oldie but a goodie – if you need inspiration to pack your bags and get outta dodge, this video should do it.
Please contribute your thoughts and comments to these threads! And if you’re not already a member, sign-up here – it’s free!