Our Favorite Travel Links, 9/22/08
Here’s what caught our eye in the travel world today:
You don’t have to go far for a great vacation destination this winter–check out Mexico Logue’s take on the top 10 reasons to visit Mexico during the winter.
Everything Everywhere gives us seven great reasons to visit Australia: The Seven Wonders of Australia
Want a trip to Fiji? Submit your travel story to Budget Travel and you may just win one.
Frugal Traveler Matt Gross from the New York Times returns from his 13-week “grand tour” and reflects on whether this classic European journey is worth doing on 100 Euros a Day in Lessons from a Frugal Grand Tour.
Vagabondish shares what happens when backpackers grow up or get rich in I Wanna Be a Flashpacker.
If you enjoyed our interview with Rolf Potts last week, here are links to his other Virtual Book Tour stops:
- Four Hour Work Week: The Art of Long-term World Travel… and Travel Writing
- Vagabondish: An Interview with Rolf Potts, World Traveler and Author
- Budget Travel, This Just In: Interview with Rolf Potts on his new book and on the “tourist” versus “traveler” debate
- The Lost Girls: Rolf Potts on Travel Writing
- Matador Pulse: On His New Book, “Letting It Flow,” And The Stories That Never Got Written
- World Hum: Revelations from a Postmodern Travel Writer