Spring Break Blogger position in Mexico: Open Immediately
When I was in college, I would have drooled over this position. Spring Break, blogging, Vlogging and hanging out in sun soaked Mexico for 3 weeks, all expenses paid? Unreal. Of course, you will earn it if you are accepted so…If you are a blogger, journalism student, or think you have what it takes to be the best Spring Break Blogger check out this job offer and apply today.
Spring Break Blogger Wanted
A Seattle based event production company is searching for two energetic individuals to cover a series of events at Spring Break festivities in Cancun and Acapulco, Mexico this coming March 2007. Ideal candidates will be extroverted individuals who write well and demonstrate an ability to seek out and document the intriguing and the extraordinary. Recent experience at resort destinations or at Spring Break events is a plus. Individuals who speak both English and Spanish would be ideal.
POSITION OBJECTIVE & DESCRIPTION:
* Each blogger will be expected to keep informed of scheduled events in each city and write about or record events.
* Coverage of certain events may be dictated by the Producers, others will be at the discretion of the blogger.
* Each blogger will be expected to generate 4 written and 4 video posts per day, 6 days a week for three weeks.
* Internet connection will be provided for each blogger in both cities.
* Responsible, reliable individuals with exceptional writing skills.
* Familiarity with HTML
* Familiarity with blogging software
* At least 40 WPM typing speed
* Availability to travel to Mexico for three weeks in March, 2007.
* Your own laptop computer and video camera
* Available for phone consultations with the Producers in advance of the March assignment.
* Available to work for three weeks in March 2007.
* Tentative dates are March 4 – 25
* Round trip air fare from Continental United States to destination city in Mexico.
* Lodging for the duration of the assignment
* Weekly stipend for the 3 weeks of the assignment
* Send resume, cover letter, and 100 word writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please include “Spring Break Blogger” in the subject heading.
* Include why you think you’re the best candidate for one of these positions
* Application deadline: Friday, February 9, 2007; 12:00PM PST.