Travel Companies We Like on Twitter
While some people say that Twitter has already gone mainstream, until I can tell my mother I saw something on Twitter and have her look at me with anything but a blank stare I don’t buy it. Still, it’s definitely growing like crazy – and at BootsnAll, we’re big fans of Twitter. So much so, in fact, that we’re going to devote a few posts here on BootBlog about our favorite travel Twitterers.
This week, we’re going to start with travel companies who Twitter. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and these companies use Twitter in different ways. Some post mainly their own deals or stories, but I think they’re interesting or useful enough to warrant following them – but most of these accounts are not just spitting out the latest thing from the company’s website, most of them have real people behind them who interact with their followers/customers. And that’s definitely cool in my book.
If I’ve missed a travel company who you think uses Twitter well (just because someone has a Twitter account doesn’t mean they’re using it well, after all), please let me know in the comments. I’m always in the market for a new great Twitterer to follow!
Travel Companies Who Give Good Twitter
- JetBlue Airways @JetBlue
- Southwest Airlines @SouthwestAir
- Priceline @TheNegotiator
- World Nomads @WorldNomads
- Budget Travel @BudTravel
- Seat Guru @SeatGuru
- World Hum @worldhum
- Jaunted @Jaunted
- Travel Portland @TravelPortland
- LA Times Travel @latimestravel
- Gadling @Gadling
- iKangaroo @iKangaroo
- Wend Magazine @wendmagazine
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith Hotels @Smithhotels
- Virgin America – @VirginAmerica (and if you want, you can also follow Richard Branson’s personal Twitter account at @richardbranson – and yes, I think it’s really him)
- STA Travel @statravelers
- Airfare Watchdog @airfarewatchdog
- MSNBC Travel @msnbc_travel
- Travellerspoint (The founders’ accounts are far more interesting than the official account, so I’m listing the personal accounts here) Peter Daams is @daamsie and Sam Daams is @samdaams
- Cruise Critic @Cruise_Critic
- The Cruising Insider @cruisinginsider
And I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention that the BootsnAll Twitter account (@BootsnAll) is pretty great, too.