What is Adventure Travel?
I love adventure! Occasionally, I’m reminded that not everyone else in the world shares my enthusiasm for adventures, but I tend to disagree. To me, the beauty of adventure is that everyone has their own idea of an “adventure.” Now I most certainly don’t consider myself to be one of those Everest-aspiring hardcore adventurers that you [used to be able to] read about in National Geographic Adventure magazine. I’m more apt to go skydiving on a whim, or be coerced into shark diving. So whether your idea of an adventure is searching for a hidden bookstore in Milan, skydiving in Cape Town, or climbing Kilimanjaro, happy adventuring! So what does an “adventure” and “adventure travel” mean to you?
- How to Enjoy a Resort Trip if You’re Not Really a Resort Person – and #5 is “Be adventurous”!
- 8 Crazy Adventure Sports and Where You Can Do Them Too – zorbing, swimming with sharks, kitesurfing…
- European 2010 Capitals of Culture: 3 Worthwhile Stops on Your Europe Itinerary – Istanbul, Pecs, and Essen…
- How to Negotiate With A Tour Guide To Get The Experience You Really Want – great tips, whether you’re on a small group adventure trip or a day tour.
- South Africa World Cup Travel Guide – Going to World Cup? A few of the @BootsnAll crew are headed to South Africa in June for World Cup. We’re all a little jealous!
Don’t forget to sign up for the adventure travel Traverse newsletter for last-minute deals, travel news, and coupon code alerts.