World Cup Mania
It’s unofficially Get Excited for World Cup week around here! I don’t consider myself a soccer fan, as evident of mistaking a photo of a rugby field for a soccer field this week (in my defense, the photo was really small so it was hard to see the poles, yes?).
So in preparation for World Cup, I’ve decided to learn more about soccer. I did enjoy going out in Marseilles to watch games at local pubs during World Cup 2006, but I don’t follow soccer. So if you have any tips for soccer-watching newbies, do share!
- World Cup Host Countries: 1930-2010 – take an epic tour of all the countries that have played host since its inception back in 1930.
- Italy iPhone Apps for Travel, Language Learning, & Fun – more reasons that I need an iPhone!
- Dining Around the World in Chicago: The Best Restaurants for Foreign Cuisine – is it lunch time yet? From Greek to Ethiopian, check out Katie’s picks for international fare in Chicago
- South Africa World Cup Travel Guide – Going to World Cup? A few of the @BootsnAll crew are headed to South Africa in June for World Cup. We’re all a little jealous!
- Travelers Outraged by High Airfares – Ah collusion… Interesting article about where all the cheap flights to South Africa disappeared to.
Don’t forget to sign up for the twice-monthly BootsnAll travel newsletter for the latest travel stories, news, and last-minute deals. Have a great weekend!